Form, Function, and the Future
Would you hire a construction contractor to build your new office building without first taking into account cancers such as future company growth, location and architecture? Certainly not, and while this sounds ridiculous, many businesses make a similar mistake when it comes to web solutions for their Internet marketing campaigns.
While an attractive web design is important, beautiful colors, fonts, and layouts aren't worth much if your site isn’t being visited or if your site isn't functional. Your ROI goals could be unrealized if you start professional website design services without an experienced firm that recognizes the importance of understanding your business, your competition, your industry, and your marketing objectives.
Holistic Web Design
DartMedia sees professional website design services as part of a larger picture—your overall Internet marketing success. Once we have a clear picture of who you are and what you want to accomplish, we recommend website design services that work seamlessly with other aspects of your interactive marketing campaign and support:
- Usability - we make certain the design is attractive and enhances user experience with features that allow for easy navigation and heightened user engagement with the site.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) - we ensure the architecture, navigation, and other design features support SEO.
- Marketing - we create designs that promote company branding and work well with other offline and online marketing campaigns such as pay-per-click (PPC), search engine marketing (SEM), email marketing campaigns, print and radio ads, and more.
- Marketing Objectives - the website design features we recommend are based on our commitment to create a website that will achieve your marketing objectives.
- Aesthetically Current - of course, we make sure your design follows the most current Web 2.0 standards, so your site looks current, chic, and professional.
The DartMedia Web Solutions Emphasis
We emphasize a holistic approach to website design services, favoring simplicity and standards compliance over complex, costly designs that fail to give our clients the ROI they’re looking for.
Design for Usability; Can Your Customer Use Your Website?
That may seem like a simple and obvious question, but it may be more pertinent to your site than you think. While many websites provide an abundance of information and service, most are unattractive, hard to navigate through, or don’t work the way they were meant to. You may be confusing and frustrating your users, leaving them with unanswered questions.
This results in one thing: customers leaving – a death sentence for your site and possibly for your business.
DartMedia's usability audit program ensures your website allows customers to do what they need to in the easiest, most efficient way possible.
We test your website to make sure it is:
- User-friendly – Whether you are a business or non-profit organization, by evaluating the usability (functionality, visual appeal, navigation) of your site, DartMedia makes sure your customers easily get where they need to go and find what they need to find to take advantage of your services. Increased usability makes your customers happy, causing them to stay, keeping them loyal and coming back.
- Conversion-Friendly – in your E-commerce site, if your customer can’t find your product, or even something as simple as your "Add to Cart" or "Checkout" button, they can’t buy your product. DartMedia will make sure your website properly markets your product and generates quality leads. Most importantly, if you have an e-commerce site, we make sure you use design best-practices, so its easy for your customers to buy your product.
- Reducing Costs – the top reasons software projects go over budget are usability related. Your organization may end up spending a great amount of money on re-designing, re-developing, or maintaining your website if you should find that (potential) customers are having trouble using it. DartMedia can help minimize this cost significantly by being involved in the initial design process of your site, catching as many potential usability pitfalls early on, minimizing the cycles of re-design for your site by accurately assessing the usability changes needed.
The Internet is the greatest “web” of information ever assembled, changing the world forever. It affects how we learn, study, shop, and even communicate. Once, just an interesting feature that connected our computers, it has now grown to touch everything – from our televisions to our cell phones to now even our everyday kitchen appliances. Needless to say, as the Internet evolves to encompass our lives, we’re becoming ever more dependent on it.
That makes it imperative that everyone has equal access to its information, functions, and services. In accordance with W3C (World Wide Web Consortium) Standards, the authority on Web Accessibility guidelines,
websites are encouraged and sometimes required to design sites that are equally accessible to those with physical disabilities.
DartMedia is committed to ensure your company does just that.
Aside from aiding the less fortunate, making your site accessible benefits your business by allowing your site to reach more potential customers and also increases SEO, one more factor pushing your site higher in search engine results.
|< Prev||Next >|